Playin' Hooky
A few weeks ago I had to take a couple of hours off of work in the morning but then still had to go in and finish out the day. While I was out, even just those few short hours, I realized that I really needed to schedule an extra day off. So I did just that. And God worked it out wonderfully that the day I scheduled fell right before an in service day, so I just got an early start to the weekend. A museum in the city was having a special Star Wars exhibit so we contributed to the truancy of a minor and took Logan downtown. He had not been to Museum of Science and Industry before, so he was very excited.



8 comments:
Howdy! Glad you had a great time at the museum. Great Star Wars exhibit, I'm sure. We are having a super time in California with Laney, Mya, Gibson, Sadie, and their parents! Miss you and Mom bunches. Be home soon. How is Mom doing with the rowing machine?! :-)
Love, Papou & Nana
That should be a permanent museum feature somewhere in the U.S.! I remember the first time we were in DC was around the same time as the "Special Edition" Star Wars release and the National Air & Space Museum had a huge section devoted to Star Wars! It was SO cool! Glad you guys were able to take a "snow day" and see something cool like that!
P.S. You couldn't smuggle that huge X-Wing model home for Logan??
P.P.S. Looking forward to seeing you guys around Christmas time!
I really wanted to take the Millenium Falcon model home but the big glass box spoiled my plans. I know that Christmas will be here before I know it but 5 weeks seems like so long away! We are really looking forward to our visit. Logan keeps asking whether we will see someone named "Chip", he seems to think he's cool or something. : P
Hey girl. After church tonight, do you want to go talk about the book (amongst other things)? I'm trying really hard to finish all my studying. But I miss you VERY MUCH. Or maybe we can meet this week. I don't know what my break schedule looks like. I'll try ok. Love you so much!
Happy Thanksgiving! (a little late...sorry!) I hope you enjoyed your break from school, I know I did!
Hooky - that word looks funny. 'specially if it rhyimnes with spooky.
I can't spell that word so I took it to the next level. :)
How long are you playing hooky? Heh Heh. I LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment