Good Things
Have had a really good day today. I love being able to forget about problems and concerns and just enjoy my time with my son. I am easily distracted by the cares and worries in my life and often waste my time doing unnecessary things. But not today. Had a visit to one of his favorite places, the pet store. Where we counted the fish, tried to remember all the cool names of animals we had never seen before, saw a zebra finch that reminded us of a puffin we had seen in Alaska, thought about adopting a greyhound : 0 , and watched as a sad little fluffy dog got all its fur cut off. And for lunch I gladly gave in to a request for Red Lobster, where we ate pounds and pounds of crab legs. Actually a pound and a half but thought you would enjoy that, Abbie. And as if time with my son was not enjoyable enough, I also received a spontaneous "thank you" for his birthday cake and time with his friends and for the yummy lunch. That's what its all about.

2 comments:
Yes. Eating POUNDS AND POUNDS of great food is always awesome! Do you remember how super my house smelled when I cooked you those crab legs? Surprisingly, they tasted great, didn't they? I'm so happy you had a great time with your son. Its the best, isn't it? Sometimes our children put life into perspective, don't they? Honestly, laying around with my kids this weekend has been the only nice thing about being sick. I can't go anywhere, so I don't feel at all guilty for not DOING and DOING and DOING. Its great. How bad would it be for you to just call in and leave it up to the school to find someone? Evil. I'm evil. Still, its one idea.
Love, AB
Glad to hear you had a Great Day! I am sure if Cameron and I get to go there they will probably have to roll us out. We LOVE Crab legs!! Same does not go for mom and daughter, so it will be a boys day out. Thanks for the ideas! I told you you can come up with some cool things to do. You are a good mom!! Stilll debating on the teacher thing, but we will see when Carlee makes it to secong grade. hahaha
Keep having those great days, because they go by too fast. I see ours growing up too fast.
Have a good week and stay healthy. The rest of the crew is left in the wake of the "Old Man"!
Post a Comment