Thursday, May 03, 2007

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

I am unbelievably happy that we are almost to the end of a very long week. The kids have been stir crazy, I have been irritable and the general feeling around the school seems to be one of anxiousness to be out for summer. My back is not in as much pain as it was at the beginning of the week, and for that I am very thankful. I have been able to see the witch doctor (little inside joke) twice this week and that has helped my back SO much. It had been 3 years since my last visit and all the biking, tennis-ing...oh, and sleeping on a friend's couch, did not help at all. But I am almost back to being pain free. Hooray! My son and I celebrated the fact that we are done with AWANA for the summer by going to play tennis. It was a beautiful evening and he is getting so much better at returning serves and volleying, that it made it that much more enjoyable. I am praying for nice weather this weekend, as I have lots of plans for hiking, biking, good food eating, and anything else that may come up and I would love to be able to have beautiful, sunny weather for all of that. I should probably plan to do yard work: planting, mowing, etc. but I am so bad at that. It just overwhelms me. Sounds so much better to just drive off, leave it all and find a nice trail to hike. I think thats what we'll do. I will post pics and let you know how it goes!

6 comments:

Ruby's My Spy Name said...

The "friend" would like to point out that Lu has her own bedroom downstairs with a queen sized bed. She didn't HAVE to sleep on the crappy couch. (ha ha! Just kiddin)
I hear that the more you work out/exercise, the better you'll feel! OH! Don't forget to watch out for Gnomes on the tennis court! YUCK~

I love you Rae and I can't wait for our trip. Really. Can't wait.
Love, AB

Farm Girl in MD said...

Enjoy your weekend! Hope to see you soon!

ScottAng (So.Cal.) said...

Hey sporty spice -- I am so impressed! When you get here we will be doing Olympic events (of a slightly different nature) like timed dishwasher loading and unloading, laundry basket relays and who can hold the 20 pound baby the longest without cramping up. So much to look forward to :)

ray of hope said...

lol. silly girl. I am so looking forward to seeing you. I have competed in those events before, I think I should do pretty well.

Ruby's My Spy Name said...

Oh crap. Now every time I see you I'm going to want to call you Sporty Spice. What would I be? Burned Out Spice?

Did you take photos of S.Rock? I hope so. Can't wait to go with you again sometime. I love you.
Love, ME

ray of hope said...

I did take photos and I will be posting them later today. I couldn't get up the energy to post them last night. It was a beautiful day and thought of our hike there with the boys, we will have to do it again sometime.