Too Cool for School
Got a wonderful call this morning that there would be no school because of the extreme windchill. Our school doesn't provide buses and some of the students walk to school so the -11 degree temp plus windchill factor is a little much to expect them to get to school in. So we will gladly enjoy the day off.
Sadly, the Bears did not win the Superbowl. I say "sadly" more for my son than because I cared. But the majority of the people that we watched the Superbowl with were hoping the Colts would win, so being 7, he was easily swayed and by the end of the game was fine that the Colts won. Because I am a Cubs fan, I can never understand being able to switch one's loyalty based on winning/losing but whatever makes him feel better : )
I read a really good book over the weekend that was loaned to me from someone at school. It was "By Searching" by Isobel Kuhn. Her journey to God was what I think many people go through if they were brought up in the church and her straightfoward, detailed prayer with every decision, issue, problem brought me back to where I need to be. I think its a privilege that Christians very often take for granted. The simple act of prayer but also the quiet acceptance and obedience to whatever answer is given, whether its the outcome we were expecting or not. "Be worried for nothing: but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Jesus Christ." Philippians 4:6-7

3 comments:
What did you do with your day off? Hope you could stay warm. I was working on rental house, my basement and took kids shopping and to lunch. Left Stacey cleaning the house and complaining about the cold.
Too bad about the Bears first place losers, just like the Cubs without the first place. hahahaha At least you stick with them, I will give oyu one for loyalty.
Thank you for the insight you received from the book. I admit I have become complacent with my pryer life at times. I need to be reminded how much of a priveldge it is to be able to talk with God and then as you said accept what He is giving me in His time.
Have a warm day at school tomorrow.
The book was awesome. Marky is reading it now. Ginny gave me another copy to keep so I can read it again and again. I'll write you more later but I need to study now. I love you!
Love, Me
"Ooh ooh mommy, it's going to be cold! Let's postpone LIFE!" Funny, if I had a nickel for every cold day in Alaska the past 2 years... well, they'd be really cold nickels and would probably stick to my hands.
That's really cool... gotta love free days off!! I'm jealous! Hey... can you snap any pics of your lights for Ang, and also of the painted areas of the basement so we can appreciate your exquisite taste in colour (pronounced "color").
see ya
Post a Comment