Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Against the Wind

It has been a busy weekend but, thankfully, the weather was beautiful! I went for a bike ride and was very proud of myself when I saw that I had made good time on the first leg of my trip. But when I turned around to head back, I was met with the realization that my great time was due in large part to the fact that I had been riding with the wind. Needless to say, my trip back took a little more time and a lot more effort.

Then on Saturday night, a friend and I were able to see a folk duo that I have known about for several years. It was such a great night. The music was comforting, the coffee was good and the conversation was entertaining, as always. How's that for alliteration, Abbie? I cringed just writing it, but I couldn't resist.

The rest of the weekend went by uneventfully...then came Monday. While the warm weather weekend reenergized me for the week to come, it seems to have insighted some sort of riot in my students. I don't remember the summer craze to have ever started this early. They usually are kind enough to give me another couple of weeks of good work but I guess I'm not that lucky this year. I will pray that the weather stays nice so at least I will be able to let them run around outside when the classroom cannot contain them any longer.

And now for my "I'm so blessed" moment of the day. With all the stress of students, school and just life in general, I am so thankful that God has given me the unbelievably wonderful friends that I have. I find it very hard to be sad or down with these few special people who understand me and love me anyway. : ) Its so great to be able to talk to them about nothing in particular and have the greatest laugh of the day doing it. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

2 comments:

Scott said...

Sounds like a good workout weekend, exactly what this "fat boy" needs. Hopefully will get sometime off for a bike ride this weekend. Sorry to hear about the summer craze. They should run out of energy in 4-5 weeks. haha I am glad you have great friends too. Have a great week.

Ruby's My Spy Name said...

Do you know how proud of you I am? You are a treasure. I love you to pieces.

I also loved the "comforting conversation, the good coffee and the entertainment (ME?).... as always." Tee Hee Hee.
Love, Ab