A Good Long Weekend
With my last post I was dreading the birthday party at the house of bounce, as it turns out it was not bad. It was this warehouse that had huge inflatable slides, obstacle courses and more. We spent about an hour bouncing, sliding, and racing through them and then we had pizza and cake. As far as kids birthday parties go, it was a lot of fun. It could have been in a windowless Chuck E. Cheese...scary! After that we came back home and visited with my aunt and uncle who had come in from Michigan. We hadn't seen them in awhile, it was good to just sit and talk. I think it had been a year since they had seen Logan, so they were, of course, amazed at how much he's grown. Sunday was another beautiful day, John and Logan came over and we went for a bike ride to the lake. On our trip we were treated to a few visits from the local wildlife. A deer walked beside us on the trail, stopped to check us out and then slowly trotted across the road about 10 feet in front of us. Then down by the lake, John found a small goby that had been washed up on shore but was still alive. We played with him for a little bit (aka. let him nip at our fingers) and then we threw him back in. On our bike ride home, the tiniest painted turtle I've ever seen was crossing the path. We stopped to look at him and decided that Logan could have another pet. We were able to recycle a container that someone had so thoughtfully left (littered) beside the lake and they took it back to John's house. Logan thinks its very cool. Not ready to put an end to the fun, we decided to take a drive and go see "Pirates of the Caribbean 3". It was really good. While it was no Spiderman 3 (wink, wink), it still was good. : )
Today I woke up in a very industrious mood and had my car washed before 10 a.m. Felt very accomplished after it was done. Then I tagged along with John and Logan on a fishing expedition. Their usual spot was packed due to the holiday so we went "old school" and it was a lot less crowded and, again, great weather. I had my camera this time. We caught a couple of bluegills, chased some minnows and were wow'ed with John's bullfrog catching ability. After we got home, Logan found a great new game to play with Wrigley. It wears out both the boy and the dog! Logan had two tennis balls and he would keep them in constant play while Wrigley would run back and forth fetching the balls as Logan batted them up. And the winner got an early bedtime! So that makes me a winner too : ) ...Just 4 more days of school!!!!!!!




3 comments:
great pics - the frog is awesome, the baseball action shot is great and the yard is sooooo green! Trust me, you'll understand when you get here!
We've seen pictures of the scary, grassless lawn, thank you very much (just kidding...really. I'm not bitter that you're going to Califorinia... not one bit. Go see dirt if you want... I'll be here by nice, soft, green grass waiting for you to come HOME!).
That's one grotesque frog though! NO! The bloody horror film frog would be a lot sicker. Where's a picture of that one? It looks like his legs were squeezed so tightly that his body started to explode! He made me laugh! Now its only 3 more days to go! I love you to death, girl! See you tomorrow!
There was no squeezing of the frog...it was really that big! Sorry I don't think I caught the bloodiness in a picture. I was too busy grimacing in horror as frog blood dripped down their hands.
Post a Comment