Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Getting back up

Once again, I am so thankful for God's amazing kindness, even in the middle of dealing with self-created struggles and problems, He throws blessings into my day. He sends me HUGE answers to prayer to let me know that despite all my mistakes, outright disobedience and stupidity, He wants my repentance and when He has that He will guide, direct and bless, even though I don't deserve it. From an unexpected visit from my super busy friend, who brought silly wonderful gifts for me, to two plane tickets waiting for me in my email when I got home from work. And that they came on this day, just when I needed them most. When I told Logan about the tickets, he heard my excited tone but saw the tears and had to ask the standard guy question, "The tickets are a good thing right? Why are you crying?"

Now I'm off to pack for a fun-filled Teacher's Convention with a detour to the second-to-last regular season Cubs game. While it would be great for this to be the game that decides whether they are Central Div Champs, I would settle for them already having that title clinched and being able to sit back, relax and enjoy the game. I don't ask for much.

Eventually I will post pics of Logan's painted room.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"for I know the plans I have for you...plans to give you hope and a future..."

i know how much i want you to have that so i can't even imagine how much HE wants you to have it too!

lylas

Morning Coffee... said...

Awwww... God is sooo good to reach down and kiss you on the cheek like this! Isn't it just so Him...He amazes me with His blessings and goodness. I have an awesome blessing too (a kiss from God) that I want to share, but I'm waiting for Chip to call me back first...he's not answering his cell....Chip!:)