Bicycle built for two
We went for another bike ride today but I think we might have doubled what we did yesterday. We were very tired when we got done. We rode the trail to the end but then took that street down to the lake. It was a beautiful evening and of course I forgot to bring my camera (thought that my backpack felt a little light). So I did my best to recreate the beauty of the evening complements of KidPix Deluxe. Don't you just feel like you were there? Yes, there are a few differences. My 7 yr old is really not bigger than I am. I was not dancing wildly on the beach. There was no one bathing in the water. And, sadly, there were no mountains in the distance. Other than that it was just the same.
We did the customary throwing of rocks into the water, the trip wouldn't have been complete without that, and then headed home. Will definitely take the camera next time we go. And as if that weren't enough physical activity, we then went and joined Abbie and her kids at the tennis courts. It was so much fun. I think we might have gotten a little better. It didn't take us quite so long to warm up and we had a lot of good volleys. The kids played baseball right outside the courts, occasionally rode their bikes through the courts and Kate chose to walk around the courts while reading a book, Abbie and I both agreed that if we did that we would get sick.
When I got home I found out that I had missed a dentist appointment today. Not looking forward to finding out how much I owe them for breaking it. Yuck! Its bad enough to have to pay them to work on your teeth, I really don't like paying them to do nothing. Found out that the dentist did call last week and left a reminder message but that message never made it to me, was a little frustrated. Also found out that I had been accepted to the master's program for education (yeah, I really don't know when that message was left). Just a little frustrated right now.

5 comments:
I am so sorry...guess I know what their Christmas present will be. Are the pink "While You Were Out" Notepads still available?
You know you love a good frolic on the beach!
Tennis WAS fun! And we ARE getting better. But can you imagine what Daisy thinks of us? As if we wern't bad enought last time, we brought 4 kids on bikes with us! I get such a kick out of being annoying! Hey, do you think Daisy can imagine what we think of him *ahem* Nothing short of "gak" with that one!
I love you. Sorry about my emotion explosion on the playground.
Love, AB
No worries about the explosion. I have them all the time, its just my sister usually gets to bear the brunt of them. I think the kids were great at the courts but I did wonder if they were annoying anyone, not that I would have cared because they were really on their best behavior.
Nice looking blog here. I especially like your recreation of the lake scene. Good job!
So who has been winning all these tennis games?
Winning? You mean you're supposed to keep score? We have just been playing/practicing mainly. When we do play a few games, have to admit Abbie wins most of them.
Post a Comment