Sunday, October 01, 2006

Letterboxing

Hooray for a beautiful fall day! We were finally able to get out and go letterboxing. We had a great time and are 4 for 4 in our searches. The first one was fairly easy but a great way to start and ease us into the whole process. The second one took a little more effort and some math skills. As I was reading the clues "about 40 yards in and at 300 degrees", my son asked me if I knew how far 40 yards was. While I was trying to explain that I couldn't exactly know how far 40 yards was without some sort of measuring tool, he interrupted my great explanation to ask "Didn't you learn about yards when you were in school?" I think he doubts my skills. But after much searching we were able to find all of the boxes. We felt very fulfilled and successful and were rewarded with deer and bunnies joining us in our hikes. Here are some pics of our fun fall day. The nature center where two of the boxes were hidden had a great little pond that was so pretty and calm. We saw some "blue-gayells" (as my son calls them) and the reflection pics were fun to take.

4 comments:

ScottAng (So.Cal.) said...

Looks like fun and the pictures are great. The last reflection one is quite nice and your kid looks quite reflective in his reflection :)

Ruby's My Spy Name said...

Nice photos! Didn't you wear a jacket or a coat or something. *snicker... sorry. couldn't resist*
I love you. I hope my chocolate "gift" was better than the other one!
Love you!
Love, AB

Duck Hunter said...

looks like a great park.

Ruby's My Spy Name said...

See.... My chocolate IS better than his! And my coffee too! Love you. Can't wait for tennis! Love, AB.