Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Wholesome Entertainment

I was talking with someone tonight and somehow we got on the topic of what someone had been wearing. I said "I don't know, it might have been a skirt or culottes". After his initial outburst of laughter, he asked me "What did you just say?", "What are culottes?" I should take it as a compliment that in the 13 years that I have known this person, I have never said the word "culottes" or more importantly worn them. I then had to explain the meaning of this word. His smart remark to the explanation was "And how many pairs do you own?" What a funny guy. Is this an article of clothing that is only known to the fundamental group of churchgoers? I thought that this topic definitely called for a revisit to our favorite swimwear site. Don't forget to check out the "Slimming Swimmer" link. Can't help but laugh. Hey Abbie and Ang, buy 2 or 3 suits and you get a percentage discount!

10 comments:

Ruby's My Spy Name said...

I'd rather die!

Actually, if these were worn wet, I would drown and die! But the culottes gave me my only laughs of the day. Thank you. I love you!
I LOVE YOUR HAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Farm Girl in MD said...

hey...i have one of those suits!! hahaha

do we get to see a picture of your new hair? :)

Ruby's My Spy Name said...

I DARE YOU TO EAT A FURRY WATERMELON! REALLY! I DARE YOU!

ScottAng (So.Cal.) said...

all I can say is, I need everyone's sizes so I can be all done with my Christmas shopping!!!

p.s. Pretty much all I wear is culottes now...with bobby socks and tennis shoes...I'm reliving my youth!
oh, this is ang, not scott (lol)

ScottAng (So.Cal.) said...

If you look quickly at Ab's profile, I think she has HORSE CANCER.

***GET WELL SOON, AB!!!***
-scottie

ray of hope said...

No guarantees on the picture of the new 'do, since I am the one usually taking the pictures, but I will try. Abbie, yes the watermelon was terrible but it was worth eating it cuz I got to gross you out. Ang, I know that any and all culottes were thrown out in the great clothes clean out of '96. Did you secretly keep your favorites? : )

Farm Girl in MD said...

That website is always great for a laugh. I'd definately go for the flower/purple combo. Definately slimming. HA. So when you you leave? I am so jealous you'll be in Cali :)

Ruby's My Spy Name said...

Oh my GOODNESS! I was trying to rack my brain.......WHAT could be causing these strange symptoms???? OH DUHHH! HORSE CANCER! I forgot! Silly me!

Hee Hee Hee!

;-0

Mike & Beck said...

My dad says he's been trying to get the site from Rev. Marshall for 6 months and he wouldn't give it to him. He now has illustrations for Sunday night's message.

Morning Coffee... said...

Wow....beautiful swimsuits....what a bargain at $80.00 for something that looks homemade! WOW!