Monday, June 04, 2007

Oops

Thats the one word that can sum up this weekend. Logan and I have just had a series of "oops" moments. It started off ok, the last day of school went very well. I was out of there by 10:30, what could be better than that? Went out to lunch with friends and then the kids had some fun in the sprinkler. It was a beautiful day. The high school graduation went very well. It started to torrentially downpour during the ceremony and I sat there hoping that I had remembered to close my sunroof. Luckily I had...my luck would run out soon enough. Saturday we had errands to run, food to make and then we were off to Nate's graduation party. As I walked out the door with my hands full, I asked Logan if he could carry Nate's card (which also had a cash gift in it). He grudgingly took the card from me but made sure that I could see how full his hands were what with the bat and ball he was carrying. I remember him acting like he was going to drop everything but kind of ignored his melodrama and just got in the car. When we pulled up to the party I asked him for the card. He looks blankly at me and says that he does not have it, that he gave it to me. We frantically search the car but it is nowhere to be found. After "gently" pointing out to him that the card was the only responsibility that I gave him, I thought it would be best for him if he went in to the party while I drove back home by myself to see if the card was laying in our driveway. I made the 20 minute drive back home only to find that there was no card in the driveway. After several more searches of the car and still no card, I accepted the fact that it was gone. All that I can think is that the card was dropped and not picked up...at least not be Logan. I am praying that whoever did pick it up desperately needed the money for a good purpose. My son has asked that I stop telling this story to people. Wonder if he meant I couldn't blog about it? : ) Sunday brought a much needed Cubs win (hooray!) and more rain. On to Monday morning...I enjoyed waking up to the sound of rain on my bedroom window but did not enjoy walking out and realizing that I finally did it, I had left my sunroof open. Here is a sad picture of what my car will look like for a few days. And even with the plastic bag, my backside still manages to feel cold and damp after I sit in the car for any extended amount of time.

9 comments:

Ruby's My Spy Name said...

If you were wearing wholesome-wear you wouldn't have to worry about you butt getting wet in your car! How's that for wholesome?

OK. Sorry. On to a new topic....

We need to plan for something cool to do this week. Some outing of some kind. We only have a week left. You still have to tell me if you want me to bring you to the airport/pick you up.... Let me know. I'll be racking my brain. But even still... if you want to just hang out, BBQ, go bike riding, or picnic or whatever we can do that too. I love you! Oh! I forgot to ask, "Are you ticklish?" Boy, have I got a surprise for you! Heh heh!

Ruby's My Spy Name said...

I also forgot to add that a bag UNDER your butt is better looking than a bag ON your head, right? Not to mention better looking than a BBQ in a bathrobe!

ray of hope said...

Oh what I would have given to have a camera phone while you were BBQ-ing in your bathrobe. It still makes me laugh. And yes, the bag on the head is a close 2nd. We have just a few more days! We need to start the fun havin' now. Hopefully the weather will cooperate, I will talk to you tonight or tomorrow.

Mike & Beck said...

Hey Lu- HAHA! I couldn't help but laugh although I too was sitting in the auditorium wondring if I had left my windows open. So how often are you having to change your car's diaper?

I would like to apologize because, I had to delete the video that you posted to because it wasn't connected, therefore your post was deleted also. :) BUT a new video has taken its place.

By the way- I changed the title of my list to just BLOGS so NO ONE KNOWS if they are "liked" or "not liked". ;)... and I added your blog to my list.

Morning Coffee... said...

Am I liked??? I never knew one way or the other...lol.

Lu--I am not laughing at you because I too have done this...I don't have a sun-roof, but I did leave my windows wide-open in a Florida terrential downpour...and if you've ever been in one of those, wind is included in the package and so the rain goes sideways....thus, I understand the wet behind and backside by the time you get to work....although it is a little funny :-).

Sorry for your bad week...loss of the card/money, rain, etc. though!!

Can you send some of that rain our way? We really need it...very dry in Florida right now!

Morning Coffee... said...

BTW....I noticed both you and Scott have the Verse of the Day on your sites....I tried to get that, but couldn't figure out how...maybe you could visit my blog and leave me a message about how to add that??? Pretty please! Also, pretty cool that you have a Play Sudoku....maybe I need a "Play Dutch Blitz" on mine :-)

Morning Coffee... said...

One more comment....guess my mind is way ahead of my fingers or I would have put all this stuff in one BIG LONG comment....

Good job on your new background...very nice!!

ray of hope said...

Vicky -
Here are the directions for how I got this cool blog - I emailed your nephew and your son and asked them to fix my blog. Background, verse o'the day, even silly sudoku are all thanks to them. I realize that I was taking a bit of a risk (I never know what will be changed when I sign back on) but it was worth it right?

Morning Coffee... said...

LOL...yes, it was worth it!! Loods very good! I thought about asking them to fix mine for me...but I was determined to learn how to do it. Although, it did take me considerably longer than it would have them, I'm sure!! Kudos to you for trusting them with it....I'm very surprised, know that it was in the hands of Scott and Chip to be mischievious and they remained good!! Way to go, boys!!