Things that make you go "hmmm"
I was having my devotions the other morning (yes, I really have them!) and it used 2 Kings 22 for the reference. While I should not be surprised at the perfectness of it, I always am amazed and in awe when I see God's hand and feel His presence and know that it was all just for me. There could not have been a better place to lead me than this chapter. It answered questions, quieted concerns and gave me the peace that I needed to do the task that God has put before me.
Leading up to these verses, King Josiah has just found God's Word, which was buried and forgotten by Israel for a very long time. He has it read before the people and when he hears what it says, he realizes how disobedient and sinful the nation of Israel has been and wants to make it right immediately. So he sends a messenger to the priests to find out if its too late to repent and turn to God...
2 Kings 22:16-20
'This is what the LORD says: I am going to bring disaster on this place and its people, according to everything written in the book the king of Judah has read.
Because they have forsaken me and burned incense to other gods and provoked me to anger by all the idols their hands have made, my anger will burn against this place and will not be quenched.'
Tell the king of Judah, who sent you to inquire of the LORD, 'This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says concerning the words you heard:
Because your heart was responsive and you humbled yourself before the LORD when you heard what I have spoken against this place and its people, that they would become accursed and laid waste, and because you tore your robes and wept in my presence, I have heard you, declares the LORD.
Therefore I will gather you to your fathers, and you will be buried in peace. Your eyes will not see all the disaster I am going to bring on this place.'"
So they took her answer back to the king.
Hmmmmm.

7 comments:
wow...btw did you get that asbestos suit of yours drycleaned? it'll look great with your black heels :)
tru dat
When I say hellfire, you say BRIMSTONE
hellfire
BRIMSTONE!
hellfire
BRIMSTONE!
go prophesy!
:P
-unspoooken
Wow, I'll have to remember that cheer when I'm the cheerleading coach. They'll have to learn how to spell brimstone though.
Ha Ha Ha! Is that yet ANOTHER "unspoken." I guess it's not really a prayer request though so it can stay. Heh Heh. The cheer cracked me up too.
I also read a really powerful passage this morning. I'll share it with you later because I'd be too ashamed of myself to share it on her. I'm so proud of you Rae. I'm so honored and blessed and edified by your friendship. I adore you and I'm praying for you all the time.
Yesterday was nifty, wasn't it? I'm gunna try driving off a building. We'll see how the landing turns out. I'm sure I'll be able to run off, survive another crash, and a fall of a 10 story building (after being shot in the back)! *wink*.
Love, AB
OOPS! Spelling errors all over my comment too. I'll have to spell check it next time.
Don't worry. I won't have it up forever.
Post a Comment