Whistle an annoying tune
As some of you may or may not know, I have a huge pet peeve against whistling. I don't know why, I just do. My tolerance has been tested to the limit lately. In the privacy of your own home I can understand exercising your freedom to whistle but seriously, do people have to whistle every minute of every day? Walking, standing, sitting...all of it done to the accompaniment of a little whistled ditty. At the start of every school year I read the book "If Everybody Did" to my class, which helps us talk about why we have certain rules and just general classroom behavior concepts. I seriously think that all whistlers should be read this book and a new page should be added to show what would happen if everybody whistled. The picture to go along with it might show listener's heads spontaneously exploding or the whistler experiencing some unfortunate whistle-stopping trip or fall. Next year there needs to be some rules against PDW added to the handbook (Public Displays of Whistling). Or go to the National Whistler's Convention (yes, there is really such a thing) where you have a captive, interested audience. This is "The Happy Whistler" Chris Ullman, 4-time National Whistling Champion.
I highly recommend visiting his website, here are a couple pictures but there are many more entertaining ones and there's a bio and "whistling resume" to go along with it.

7 comments:
Lu--I'm right there with ya...can't stand whistling...it's not pretty, it's annoying!...But then....I'm not sure it was really very wise to reveal this weakness in front of our families...
yeah, scott says maybe you have a huge dislike of it because someone you know and love is such a big fan of whistling.
Hahaha. No, it was REALLY tested to the max this week and it was not by dad at all...I love you dad!!!
Ha Ha! Funny you mentioned him. I was going to mention your dad and my dad. I will say that due to your horrible dislike of whistling, I've become very concious of when I whistle. I don't even like it when I do it!
OOOOOOOO...... I just realized I think I know who your phantom annoying whistler is. Are you going to tell me in secret soon? I'll tell you who I THINK it is! Yippie! I love secrets!
I missed you when I was near Arby's!
I have some strange hobbies. However, I don't think I will be attending the nation whistlers convention anytime soon.
Have a great week
Post a Comment