Saturday, September 23, 2006

School Daze

It's been a busy week. Just normal school stuff, but I always try to stay on top of everything or else it gets out of control. If I don't keep a close eye on things, I will quickly have stacks of papers to grade and lesson plans to do. Even though I have been very blessed with a smaller class this year, there are always the constant weekly 'teacher' tasks that have to be done. My son has a book that he is reading for school. It is a pretty long chapter book that has him completely intimidated. I was asking him what was going on in the story so far and with a completely straight face he looked at me and said "I was reading the words but I didn't know I had to think". I think this philosophy may explain many of his other activities as well.

I would love to say that I have been out bike riding, playing tennis or doing any sort of physical activity at all, but sadly I have not. Next week, definitely. The past two days were exactly what I needed though. I was able to spend some time with my friend, Abbie. Even though we see each other every day, its usually in passing, with our students in tow. It was great just being at her house with her and her family and being able to relax, with the added bonus of getting to hear Jerred sing the New Testament Books of the Bible song : )

5 comments:

ScottAng (So.Cal.) said...

When is Kutless gonna do a cover of that song?

ray of hope said...

It would in no way compare to Jerr's version, thats for sure. Although just like a good little rocker, he makes some of the words completely incoherent and shouts instead of sings. Very entertaining.

Ruby's My Spy Name said...

"Trying to sing...." Was that the phrase you were looking for?
He He He.
I can't remember a night when I've a better time. Not for a long, long time.
Tennis FOR SURE this week. Things were a bit crazy with this being Kay's birthday week. And the rain. And the homeless woman.
Next week.
Man, what the BOY said about his book is classic and TOO funny! I'm glad you documented it on the blog.
I love you.
Love, Me

Farm Girl in MD said...

I got my yearbook in the mail yesterday. ahhh the memories. That picture of the boys on Bible Character day is a classic. Can't say I miss my old roommate though...hahaha

Ruby's My Spy Name said...

I just left you a reply on my blog comment page. That was kind of dumb. Don't think you'll see it there. So.... just letting you know. I love you. Love,AB