Friday, September 15, 2006

The sun'll come out...today!



Wow, 2 days in a row with sun! We watched the soccer team get shut out and then went and hung out by the lake. It was a little windy but a beautiful night. The soccer game ended later than I expected so we didn't get to play at the lake as much as my son wanted but he made up for it by running through the fountains. I told him he could get as wet as he wanted but that he couldn't complain about being cold after he did it. I only had to remind him of that one time, as he was shivering in the backseat on the way home. Crazy kid. Here are some pics. The one of him shivering on the rocks was before he got wet. Yeah, he's never getting a call from MENSA. We saw lots of deer as we drove through the forest preserve, they were really close to the car and even though we have deer a-plenty around here, they were very pretty and I couldn't resist taking some pics. I am still trying to perfect the one handed picture taking of the both of us. Seems that I either cut somebody's head out of the picture or we both fit but our eyes closed and our faces are unnaturally contorted. You can never win. Speaking of never winning, how 'bout them Cubbies.

6 comments:

ScottAng (So.Cal.) said...

I'm thinking that arm-elongation surgery would solve your self-portrait distortion woes. Way to show off that new tooth, buddy!

Farm Girl in MD said...

Hey! how are you? are you keeping Abbie straight at school? Hope things are going well!

ray of hope said...

Things are good. Yeah, I have to go in and check on Ab every once in awhile to make sure she's not leading those 4 year olds astray :P
Hope you're doing well. I know you're super busy with your new school and all. Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Sorry...didn't think permission was needed to link to you! If it makes you feel better, I didn't ask Scott if I could link to him. Plus it's free publicity to your blog! You can thank me later.

Ruby's My Spy Name said...

Yep. Lots of kids led astray. IN K4 AND IN FIRST GRADE. What ya gunna do about it now? Move back and straighten us out yourself? (hint hint).

ScottAng (So.Cal.) said...

Get a sweater!!! Every day I read your new blog (which seems similar to the last blog), there's Mr. Ray's-Son (aka Rayson, or Raisin) just standing there on yet another beach somewhere in just a t-shirt in the blowing fall wind. Poor kid. Hopefully my words are received as constructive criticism and not meanness.