It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!

We had our first field trip yesterday to a beautiful orchard that is about 45 minutes away. It was an awesome sunny and cool fall day. The kids had a great time. Second grade went with us, so my son and I made use of the time to go off by ourselves and pick out a pumpkin and walk through the little store together. Some parent drama started on Thursday afternoon, so I had to deal with the fallout of that first thing in the morning on Friday but luckily I had some of the parents who were going with us on the field trip stay with the class, while I talked with the offended parent and then in the afternoon I got to lay the smackdown on the offending parent : ) It is all ok now. Yea! I hate drama. Especially on a field trip day, which are always extremely exhausting. I am so glad that I have Monday off. And with the end of the grading period and Teacher's Convention on Thurs and Fri, we only have one and a half days of school this week. So much for getting some actually learning accomplished. Wish we could keep the kids from knowing that they have time off. Maybe it would keep away the vacation mode that they so easily fall into. I went to one of my student's football games today. He is so cute. All the little kids out there trying to remember what position they are playing and all that that involves. Fumbling the ball, throwing interceptions, randomly running in circles and falling on the ground. It was all very entertaining.

2 comments:
Just wanted you to know my kids are growing up right...when Gib saw these two pics he said, "It's a pumkpkin, just like on Charlie Brown!"
Good boy, Gib. There is always a request for the Charlie Brown music on the ipod, even if we've just listened to it. Can't go wrong with that.
Post a Comment